T-Splines 3 For Rhino
Why Use T-Splines?
Creating organic and complex curved forms can sometimes be difficult in NURBS. T-Splines allows the user to break free from the rigidity of traditional surface modelling and create designs with a fast, natural and flexible workflow.
T-Splines 3 for Rhino helps designers create smooth, high-quality, watertight CAD models
and quickly achieve the right look and feel.
See the T-Splines Introductory Video to learn more about the power and simplicity of T-Splines.
Because of it's ease of use, T-Splines is ideal for exploring forms and creating initial design alternatives, allowing the user to explore more design options and refine shapes more quickly. Because of it's tight integration with NURBS, the accuracy of T-Splines allows for production level CAD design and detail where necessary.
T-Splines is used by design professionals across a wide range of disciplines including Product Design, Architecture, Marine Design, Sculpture and Jewellery.
How Do I Use T-Splines?
Here are five different ways to model effectively with T-Splines 3 for Rhino:
• From Primitives
• Push and Pull method. Great for objects that
• have an overall basic shape (cube, cone,
• cylinder, sphere, etc.)
• Working with Primitives, T-Splines Video
• From TS Pipe
• Pipe Curves using the TS Pipe Command.
• Great for objects that can be represented as
• a pipe in their simplest forms - for example
• rings, cycle frame, chair etc.
• Working with TS Pipe, T-Splines Video
• From NURBS
• Great for starting with untrimmed NURBS
• surfaces - let T-Splines take care of joining
• and curvature matching.
• Working with Nurbs, T-Splines Video
• From Mesh or Sub-D Model
• Import a mesh or OBJ file. Great if you use
• Sub-D modellers or as part of a reverse
• engineering workflow.
• Mesh or Sub-D, T-Splines Video
• From Curves
• A powerful workflow for all types of shapes.
• The body and handle area of the model below
• was modelled from curves in T-Splines as one
• single T-Splines surface.
• Working with Curves, T-Splines Video
New Features in T-Splines v3
T-Splines for Rhino v3 has been substantially revised and features new tools including Curve Piping, TS Pull, Match to NURBS, Advanced Symmetry and easier license validation. Take a look at the New in T-Splines 3.0 Video to see the new features in action.
Download the Trial Version
Download PDF Case Studies
Simply Rhino is an Authorised T-Splines Trainer
see details of all our
Rhino 3D training courses here
Further T-Splines Benefits
• Modelling control T-Splines introduces
• unsurpassed control to surface modelling,
• allowing designers to more quickly create
• complex surfaces and manipulate them with
• ease, yielding reductions in modeling workflow
• times of 20%-50%.
• Compatibility 100% loss-less conversion of
• T-Splines surfaces to NURBS, as well as
• conversion of polygonal meshes to T-Splines,
• ensures full industry compatibility and
• seamless integration in your design process.
• Value T-Splines combines modelling methods
• in one application that were previously only
• available separately.
• Surface quality T-Splines surfaces are
• watertight by default and very easy to smooth, • making them ideal for offsetting and